PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 16:04
Peter Melia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
Actually I said TUI don't cancel flights like every other airline. The emphasis being on "TUI don't cancel flights", hence the reason you might see long delays on the top of departure boards whilst "MOST" other airlines have cancelled flights. easyJet and BA both cancelled flights to Turkey and the Canaries from Gatwick yesterday. You won't see these on the top of departure boards today, you won't see it in the news, but you will have 180+ passengers on each with their holidays dependent on availability of other flights in the middle of Summer. Norwegian is the only airline I can think of that actually adds additional capacity the following day to cover a cancellation. Personally I'd rather have a 24 hour delay with duty of care, knowing my accommodation hasn't been cancelled at my destination and my transfer will still take me to my hotel, than face a cancellation with the option of a refund or rebooking onto the next available flight, which could be a week later. I can also say from personal experience that travel insurance doesn't always take care of all consequential loss from a flight cancellation.

Maybe Thomas Cook and Jet2 don't cancel flights either. But this thread is titled "TUI Airways".

Absolutely no need for personal attacks either.
hi. I was on a Thomas Cook flight on Saturday evening to Rhodes. The delay was due to a thunderstorm over Belgium.