PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2019, 21:38
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
Seriously cry me a river.........

QF need a new fleet... ok here’s a new fleet idea with a new route... Hang on no as pilots we don’t want that cause it’s never been done before. Ahhh if Wilbur and Orville had that thought.

Yes it’s going to be a tough duty, no I’ve never done ULH nor do I really want to. However push vote standup for a roster that says that’s all you do and I reckon the doors will be knocked down.

Grab the SQ roster for EWR, although as stated very different FDP, but let’s have a look.

A mate of mine once said, what’s the diff between a pilot and a whining dog? Yep eventually the dog will stop whining! Yes he knew he was one of them (as we all are).

Now what will the crew complement be? 2 Capt, 2 FO? SO? Whatever it will be will be overkill as that’s no doubt what you will demand, but seriously stop harping on about this. It will happen if the aircraft can do it so get over it and make it work for you.

Rant over... for now!
If the science supports it, then fantastic.
That they need a new fleet is axiomatic.

The "study" they propose does not meet established benchmarks.
Shiny metal jet syndrome is a well known, successful yet unstudied phenomena too..

Mate of mine said some pilots can't help themselves arguing about things they have no idea about.
That is precisely the point, nobody really knows the health effects of extending beyond current limits which are limits for a reason.
Ought not crew health be first and foremost? A longitudinal study of sufficient duration with sufficient sample size would provide an idea of what is presently unknown.