PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozzies can’t fly when it’s windy?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2019, 07:45
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lookleft
So are you suggesting that the FAA EASA and all the other aviation regulatory authorities have over reacted to the Stab Trim issue? Do you think that the grounding of the MAX into next year is just a global conspiracy against a design that only a select few of truly brilliant aviation minds understand? You probably think that the pilots of the Comet should have done a more thorough walk around.
Lookleft,
You haven't answered the question: What Boeing or Airbus aircraft are you qualified on??

I strongly suggest you re-read the publicly available Max8 information from both accidents ---- with an open mind ---- as long as it is not open at both ends.

At no time have I suggested or intimated that there is/was not a software problem, and I have personal experience of what un-serviceable AoA sensors can do --- I am not an armchair critic in this situation.

Yes, there were problems, but in both cases, at least initially, the aeroplanes were flyable. Read the facts. Out of Bali, the crew "flew the aeroplane" as per the QRH non-normal procedures.

Indeed, a good friend of mine has just completed a B737 Classic type rating in US, and the problems of stalling out a stab, and how to handle it were pretty much the same as my first B707 endorsement, or my UK CAA and FAA type rating flight test for a B707/720 many years ago ---- some "issues" are not new ---- and in ALL cases, the stab trim cutout switches are in exactly the same place.

And just to stir the pot, what Comet losses were you referring to --- the takeoff "accidents" ---- or have you forgotten them, if you ever knew about them ---- and, if you were to delve into the final volume of the Inspectors report into the Comet in-flight breakups, you would find advice from Boeing (yes, Boeing) to DeHavilland forecasting the fatigue problems ---- did you know that??

Tootle pip!!