PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COS 99 extensions- seniority is over
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2019, 12:48
RAT Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
But that is exactly my point. The power of our collective is in my opinion not strong enough because of the lack of commitment ( and diverse goals).

The problem is you guys act as if that unity was present ( and the legal framework) and just a few "outsiders" disagree. This is factual not the case.

It is not "only my opinion that matters", the problem is that there is no unified opinion.

Furthermore, the way these different opinions were met in the cockpit, on the HKAOA forum and in here (see Flex88 above) are not helpful. It is now too often a primitive shouting and blame game, a sure sign of the rising nervousness in the face of defeat. We will see a sharp fall in union membership rates is my prediction.
Sam ting Wong,

You make a valid point. I have never agreed with your opinions in the past, like we should have taken what was on the table in either of the last two offers. I still don't believe we would have been better off by taking them in the long run. And I am glad the union sent them back. Maybe that is the only victory we will have, because as you said the lack of unity displayed has prevented anything else from occurring.

So your observations about the lack of unity in the so called union are spot on. The strategy has failed,anyone who thinks otherwise, well you get the point. It's all over and the only thing for those still Manning the picket lines is to decide if they stay or go. Some have gone already and good luck to em. But for the rest, you need to make a choice.

Move beyond speaks volumes, is it a coincidence this is the motto the company is pushing so heavily.

FOP, have addressed the issues the last two ex DFO's created by imposing corrections to the ARAPA and HKPA and RPs. The morale on the other hand can't be imposed, and that I think is permanently damaged, because nobody except for the few who have recently crossed over give a damn! I have never seen that before!

Will we ever see a pay rise. I doubt it. Not unless market forces dictate. So that means all the B- scalers will wither on the vine and the C scale will also find themselves with the target on their back like the B Scalers were and the A Scalers before them, once the D scalers have critical mass.

Basically the only hope for anything by way of improvements in life style and financial reward will be dictated by market forces. With the demand for cheap fares, the line in the sand for pilot remuneration has been agreed by way of gentlemen's agreement in the dark halls of IATA.

For Fatiguing rosters that improvement will only come from individuals when there is a shift to using their professional obligations to not sign on rather than push thru. Unfortunately we have all been conditioned to completing the next task on the roster and believe just because it says it's legal means it must be do-able. But the reality is just cos it's legal it does not mean it's do-able in the long run or in combination with previous duties, or personal circumstances.

Game over.