PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disruptive Jet2 passenger getting a big bill
Old 19th Jul 2019, 10:33
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As the boss of a company, my priorities, after my legal responsibility to protect the shareholders' interests, are

1 Protect and support my employees
2 ensure my customers are safe
3 protect the reputation of my company and my industry to ensure its ongoing health

I would do exactly the same as this CEO - send a bill, and threaten court action if not paid. This sends out a strong an clear message to others not to get drunk or violent. Any less is sanctioning customers beating up my employees. The publicity is as useful as the outcome. I would accept a smaller sum and a very public and sincere apology from the woman in the end as it would achieve the same, but I wouldnt drop it

As to the other passengers, if they did volunteer to put themselves in harms way having witnessed an employee being assaulted, I would personally thank them, send flowers and reimburse the money they have paid. It costs 'nothing', is good publicity, and prevents threats like this. We always apologise and consider flower when a customer complains even if the complaint is stupid. It diffuses the situation, preserves my company's reputation and saves the cost of ongoing investigation and complaint management

I am surprised we need to discuss this.....