PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Jul 2019, 09:27
Rocket61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BoeingLudo737
How would you even think they make any money with this?

Have you any idea how much instructors, SIM engineers hr staff and the SIM itself cost to run assessments?

Then you are basically saying that they fail people because they don't need them? Sorry but you are completely wrong.

You are obviously making things up about the week that 38 people didn't get through,
Did you read my message properly ? I said "SOME PEOPLE" say they make money out of it, but "I DON'T KNOW" anything about it, and I do share your opinion, I really doubt they make anything out of it. I was saying that to inform our dear friend here asking questions that he may read (if he hasn't read it yet) things like that somewhere else, but I can't confirm.

About the week where they have all been adjourned, I can definitely confirm I'm not making this up. My mates at CAE who applied at that time all failed, and the rest of the cadets of the week did too. I can't confirm the exact number (34-36-38) but it was in that range, and believe me that is true.
To moderate my previous position, they may have all been a bunch of poorly-motivated pilot with lack of technical knowledge and terrible CRM skills, although I really doubt it but who knows, stress, bad day...
As RYR has its pilot application open all the year, there has to be some periods of the year where their needs are less important (which is totally normal), so they can be more selective, and that was all I was saying.