PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2019, 07:00
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahoo!®
Excellent pictures and updates as always LTNman. Much appreciated

Thanks, I know there is always an interest in the continuing changes at the airport which seem to be never ending.

Smell of New Paint within Terminal today. LLA Technical services touching up Pillars. Checked Royal Engagements and surprise The Princes Royal (princes Anne) is due to open Terminal extension on July 30 2019.
Also this possibly is the reason that a ceiling is going in and growing in the arrivals area.
It has already been officially open once by the Transport secretary Chris Grayling, Maybe with him being a Tory and the council run by Labour they will be removing the plague with his name on it by the entrance for a new one rather having two.

Just before the first grand opening last December the airport spent a good week hiring in a chewing gum removal company to clear the pavements. That company has been back again so I thought something was happening. They also brought in LLA plant containers containing small hedges to adorn the front of the terminal. They are still there but as no one has bothered watering them the hedges are now all dead. Also for the last visit the broken floor tiles that have been there for years were dug out and replaced in the area he was to visit while the areas he did not visit were left. Got to say more floor tiles have been replaced since then so maybe Princes Ann will be doing a walkabout before heading into Burger King or Costa for a quick bite.

I do find it annoying that for the million plus passengers that use the airport each month the wear and tear replacement budget is zero but it just takes a single VIP to visit and out comes the paint brushes and Jif.

As for the terminal being finished it all depends on what you call finished. Easyjet and BlueAir customer service counters are still in temporary areas inside the check-in area rather than in recesses that remain undeveloped and covered in more hoardings .