PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COS 99 extensions- seniority is over
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2019, 02:25
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbine,

interesting thought and you definitively got a point there, no doubt.

My counter argument would be a question: is it then always imperative to follow the mainstream, regardless of one's own conviction?

I would dispute that. There has to be a point were you just need to stand up for your opinion and refuse to follow the crowd.

The lack of commitment to a unified team you are accusing me of is exactly my argument.
You are rightly saying it doesn't matter if I am right or wrong as long as nobody is following me. But how many are following you? I did not think we have the unity in the first place, and I think history proved me right. You are asking me if I am on your team, but don't you see there is no such thing in Cathay? We are in at least a dozen different teams, all with our different priorities, may it be HKPA, RA55 or base XYZ. What might be right for one group is totally wrong for another. The unity you are asking for is not realistic in my opinion. I am just honest and pragmatic about it, and the reward is being shot as the messenger.

I deeply believe the strategy of the last years is wrong.If you have such a diverse group you will never be able to act successfully as aggressively and militant as it appears the plan is. It will fail.

Wether I am right or not in the end is a different matter. I frankly don't know nor can I ever know for sure.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 19th Jul 2019 at 10:53.