PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2019, 02:12
Outwest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RL77CHC

Hi Outwest,

I’ve got a copy of TP15099E, 1st Edition from March 2011 on my laptop. It was the last one I used to do a TC monitored ride with a long time ago. It’s the guide specifically for a group 4 instrument rating in a helicopter.

You linked the 2007 PPC and Type rating guide for helicopters in your previous post which isn’t the same. I don’t know if the wording is similar between the two or if there’s a later version of TC’s Group 4 Instrument Rating Guidelines available online?
Thanks RL, I found that 2011edition. However I still don't see the +/-5 degree limit. The reason I'm interested is in the well over 100 PPC's I have conducted over the years I always used +/- 10 degrees on the runway ITO for grading purposes. If it was +/- 5 I'm afraid there would have been a lot more failures

This from the 2011 edition:

​​​​​​4. DEPARTURE Aim To determine the candidate’s ability to safely depart in accordance with a clearance given by ATC or a simulated clearance given by the examiner. Description The candidate will complete the departure procedures, including an instrument function check, and establish the helicopter on the enroute course, as cleared in accordance with the Instrument Flight Rules. The candidate will control the helicopter solely with reference to flight instruments once in flight and above 200 feet AAE, unless otherwise specified in a departure procedure. Performance Criteria Assessment will be based on the candidate’s ability to: a) select and use the appropriate communications frequencies; b) select and identify the navigation aids associated with the proposed departure phase; c) verify that course indications correspond to the intended navigational equipment; d) perform instrument function check; Note: To avoid the shaded area of the Height Velocity Diagram, the function check of the vertical speed indicator and altimeter will be performed on the initial phase of the climb. e) safely taxi while respecting runway signs and avoiding a runway incursion; f) accomplish the applicable checklist items and perform recommended procedures; g) maintain proper helicopter control and flight within operating configurations and limitations; h) intercept, in a timely manner, all tracks, radials, and bearings appropriate to the procedure, route, or ATC clearances and instructions; i) adhere to departure and transition procedures or ATC instructions; j) maintain assigned headings (±10 degrees); k) maintain assigned tracks and bearings (±10 degrees); and l) climb to and maintain assigned altitudes (±100 feet).

If I'm missing where it says +/- 5 I will surely stand corrected.