PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC24
Thread: Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 23:35
rcoight

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
Isn't that what I said??
As for some of the other comments attributed to FlightSafety, big it is not, it is very marginally faster than a Mustang around the circuit, just a couple of knots, a little faster at high levels, and last time I noticed, owners of aircraft doing the factory supplied course don't get "sent home". It is certainly no more technically difficult than the Mustang, as in NOT.
There are facilities and systems to handle pilots who are not full time professional pilots with existing jet/turboprop experience, and need more than the minimum time, either in the sim. or in the aircraft.
Tootle pip!!
I agreed with you that a competent and experienced PC12 pilot should have no problems.

If you read what I said, I said it was “big” etc. in single-pilot terms.
Compared to a Mustang, it is more than twice as heavy, has well over double the thrust, is up to 100 kts faster in the cruise and it most certainly does have systems that a Mustang does not.
When were you at Flightsafety? It would seem an odd thing for an instructor and an FAA check airman to make up to tell us all that a number of pilots have been told they are wasting their time and money after a couple of sims, and that we should not consider this as an entry-level Jet.
Anyway, whatever. I’m not interested in arguing, and only came on here to call out the BS from a couple of the naysayers.
It’s a great aircraft. Cheers.