PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 19:18
Mohammad Khan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Runway26

Hi,
NATS will place you where they need you on completion of your training so no you don’t get a choice. You get a preference and that is said to be ‘considered’ but in reality you have to be prepared to love to where the business needs you.
You wouldn’t be moved form a tower position to an area one as the training is different for each. Therefore those who train tower will end up in a tower or on approach at a unit and this who train for area will be in Swanwick or Prestwick. It’s worth knowing though that all of London’s approach is based at Swanwick.
NATS is a very inclusive company and it doesn’t matter what you believe in, more so what you can do and if you have the right ability to control.
Tip wise........have an interest in planes, try to visit a live tower if you can, be good at problem solving, and go with a clear and open mind!
Good luck!
Thanks so much for your reply!

I've got another question, though. Is it possible that NATS could say I have to move from one tower to another, e.g. from Stansted to somewhere up North, or from one area/centre to another? Just a bit stressed about the whole location thing, as I'm planning to start a family some day, and if I have to move around a lot, it might get stressful.

Regarding your tips, yeah I'd say I do have quite an interest in planes, so that should help. Also, would you happen to know anything about what goes on in the group exercise and what kinds of questions they ask in the formal interview?

Many thanks.