PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand Recruitment - Latest
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 08:07
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DeltaT
Great, you finally agree with me after all that.
I agree that any subjective assessment by anyone about anything will be inherently biased. I don't agree that the Air NZ sim ride is worthy of special mention because of that.

Read what I said. I am well aware after plenty of practise and exposure it becomes easy.
No, it is easy straight away. A jet is easy to pole around the sky, there is no mystery. Like I said before there are things about operating a jet that are challenging, but just flying it around a bit is not one of those things. I also don't see what is so challenging about being presented with a picture of an ADI instead of an actual ADI or having your speed represented on a tape. My first type that had a speed tape I didn't get to see it in a sim, it was straight up in the plane and it wasn't hard. Is that because I am amazing? No. It's because it just isn't all that hard. Most young pilots these days will have seen an EFIS on a PC flight sim anyway. I just don't see being put into a jet with an EFIS as a big challenge, especially when all the other candidates will be in a similar boat.

Has the overall interview process pass rate improved from 50% from a few years ago?
No idea. I have no knowledge of the Link recruitment sessions. My own recruitment was to the jet fleet and I think seven out of the eight got in.