PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2019, 19:50
CT2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can only second LIFFY4E's comments. I finished at DFAS last week and have nothing but positives to say. With accommodation (which is to a high standard), the course came to around £24-25K.

Henrik and the instructors have to be some of the friendliest guys in the business and you'll soon feel at home at DFAS. Good quality pre-flight lesson briefings, and the small groups give very good instructor-student and instructor-aircraft ratios. Good quality post-lesson debriefs with very useful advice where needed. They're really good at keeping records of your progress per lesson and you get a final report as soon as you finish, which is beneficial to have.
As Liffy said, the Diamond was brilliant to fly. Handles nicely, excellent G1000 avionics and is a great platform on which to get comfortable with MEP flying. The whole course being on the DA42 is another bonus, with it having you really comfortable with the engine failure drills and procedures.
The training went to the expected timing (I actually finished a couple of days sooner than expected upon arriving initially). The training is excellently structured with a steady and logical progression through the IR syllabus and onto CPL. Simulator is very near to accommodation as is Apron 2 and the Hangar. Additionally we got some international IFR flying time to Germany which was good experience.

Couldn't be happier with my time with Diamond Flight Academy and would highly recommend to any future CPL MEIR pilots.