PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2019, 09:08
LIFFY4E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finished in DFAS last month - only positives to say about the school. Paid what was initially agreed despite flying more time than advertised on the course. Fly/sim Monday-Friday and weekends normally off.

Instructors - excellent, varied experience, some purely flight instructors and others from commercial background. Generally 3 instructors assigned to a course and a fourth, Tommy (ex fighter pilot, great guy) would fly the odd time with both courses.
Aircraft - DA42 was an amazing aircraft to train in. Maintained very well. 3 in the fleet, two hangered in Kalmar and always one in Kyritz in Germany for maintenance.
Training - Fast paced and very structured. Simulator 5 minute walk from the main building and transport usually supplied by instructors. ME-IR phase of training consisted of local flights in Kalmar and cross country flights/trips to destinations like Aalborg and Kyritz.

Very happy with my experience - a lot of demand for the school currently due to their deserved reputation. Would recommend. Bit more expensive than other schools but all hours are completed on multi which I found very helpful.