PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumoured BA Pilot Industrial Action this Summer
Old 11th Jul 2019, 10:23
Twiglet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ASRAAMTOO
A couple of consultative ballots were caried out by the union regarding the BA pay offer. They were heavily in favour of industrial action. There is now a formal vote taking place which closes on the twentysomething ish of July. Since BA have now withdrawn even the original (and heavily rejected) offer I think we can all guess the likely result.

I believe UK law requires 14 days notice from ballot to action so a little math is required.........

The union want a Share save scheme, a small percentage increase (BUT with an RPI underpin) and a bonus plan based on company profits.

The company SAY that shares can't be done because IAG own all of them and won't release any, that their percentage offer is reasonable (despite the fact that it may not actually turn out to be an increase in real terms) and that they are offering a bonus. Unfortunately they have yet to say what it will be and what would trigger it.

Both sides are meeting at ACAS today. One would hope that an agreement to underpin the current offer by RPI and a decent bonus offer (after all the company did make nearly 2 billion quid last year) would see an end to the problem.

Incidentally, the WHOLE pay claim company wide would cost less than the fine just levied for the data breach!
True, but then the rest of the Company would want a similar increase to what the Nigel's get. I've done plenty of Staff meetings where the Pilots dominate the "chit chat" with the Management and all others present just sit there with raised eye brows waiting for their turn, eventually loosing the will to live. Its the same with Jo Blogs Public, once the press have told them Pilots only average 19hrs a week (utter tosh) you've lost any support.
Good luck to BALPA it's going to an interesting watch