PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.W King. Canberra crash. 1971.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2019, 09:43
Ddeeking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ddee King

Originally Posted by kghjfg
Hi all,

about twenty years ago I bought a Triumph Spitfire from a chap who said he bought it from a chap who never actually drove it, was in the RAF was going to ship it out to Germany, but was killed there in a crash.

I have the original 67 log book, and the name of the first owner is Christopher W King.

A Christopher W King was killed in a Canberra crash in 71. (WT366). The timescale, the name in the logbook (which is in itself a thing of beauty) and the timescale of the new owner fits. However the story is circumstantial.

Has as anyone any idea of how I could maybe confirm the 2 people are the same person. Though only a MKIII Spitfire, it is quite a rare one, and has a few unique features that were actually factory fitted.

I am just a PPL holder myself, I’d love to know if my car really does have this connection.
Yes it was my uncle Chris King who owned the spitfire a white car, he took me out in it when he came home on leave.
Do you still have it, we have a photo with him in it. He is my hero, I love him so much

My email is [email protected][/left]