PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware of Korean air
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2019, 21:07
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know. Had a read throught the last page of 737 drivers going(or thinking about) joining KAL. Now, some of them are obviously RYR(easy to pick really), now, I thought joining them(KAL) on the 737 by myself, contacted an agency, got a nice answer. JUST - the figures are just not right. More or less I would earn LESS(yes, not a mistake) then I do currently in RYR in my prefered base on a RYR contract. So, I thought to myself, why the hell would I go on a KAL contract(which is not KAL but some agency) to earn less and be away from Europe and home.

Now, there was this 5/5 guy, obviously a contractor for RYR making a S**tload of money on that and complaining about commuting. Well, go 13/5 then. Do you think you will not commute on a KAL contract(on significantly less money you make on a 5/5 agency if I make already more on 5/4 RYR)?

Get you facts straight. I understand the urge to leave(I was young once by myself and preferd to shoot out of "the hip" instead of thinking through things. But hell - leaving RYR for KAL. My god. Not a chance. To many improvements here and to less of the same in Korea. Plus a long commute(don't care if it is "Gold" class, still have to deal with annoying security every month, immigrations, sit in a bloody tube for hours to go home. Instead here I go to the airport, have a quick walk through security(you need to choose your country and base wisely in RYR), fly my 4 sectors, go home. More flying for sure, minimum same money, plus retirement, plus social. And then there is Korean. Hard choice.