PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumoured BA Pilot Industrial Action this Summer
Old 9th Jul 2019, 13:53
Busdriver01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tabloid headlines of "BA pilots earning £200k reject 11.5% payrise and threaten strike action" are at best disingenuous. I don't work for BA, but I certainly agree with where their workforce is coming from. For a legacy carrier - one which claims to be the worlds favourite and one which is making £2bn profit per year - to be making such blatant attacks on Ts + Cc is downright greedy. Aircrew should be provided with high quality accommodation to ensure adequate rest before making a return flight. This is being attacked. Minimum time down route should not be considered 'target time downroute', but it is.

People like to bash pilots because typically they are earning higher than the average worker and are considered to be doing less actual work. But if you made the average person achieve the competency required of a senior pilot, and add in get up in the dead of night, working in a high altitude, high noise environment for 12+ hours, with the responsibility we carry, I'm sure lots would change their view.

Good luck to my BA counterparts - I feel you may need it.