PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 More Jetstar A320’s to Network
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2019, 01:49
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
I certainly don't look to undercut anyone. Mainline could push for a million dollars a year and I'd be happy for them.

What grinds me is the attitude displayed but a select few muppets such as the one above that JQ pilots are somehow responsible for whatever stagnation they suffered at mainline (and of course ignoring the massive advantage they took from the collapse of Ansett) and deserve the subpar pay or high workload we endure. "Enjoy" was the comment made, along with a snide remark about how long till retirement. Insufferable arrogance.

I took the job that was available. The reality is that mainline simply didn't hire anyone for a decade. Had they offered me a job I'd have happily taken it, but the market didn't provide that opportunity. What else am I to do? Refuse an airline job to protect people earning 5 times what I am on in GA and rot there? Its absurd.

Direct your angst at the management that decided to drive growth outside of mainline, not at the drivers who simply grabbed hold of the only thing that was available.
well said!