PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2019, 17:14
malabo

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
You'd think a billionaire could buy himself a higher quality operation. Part 91, was not a "Medevac" in our SAR/Commercial definition of the term. That term is being tossed around now by the media to give a sense of sacrifice and justification for not waiting a couple hours until dawn. In most jurisdictions (Canada 604.02, EASA for sure) there is a requirement for private large airplane, turbine, or multi-engine aircraft to operate to a regulator-approved standard. I wonder what the oversight was here.

Cujet , fill us in on how this was a professionally managed flight. Airbubba quoted the Nassau Guardian article that the locals saw it splash in at 2am, searched the water until 5am, and then were told it had arrived in Florida and all was fine. Then later in the afternoon at 2 pm, 12 hours later, when it was apparent it had not arrived, the search began again. So what was that, no flight plan, no sat tracking, no flight following, no customs arrangement in Fort Lauderdale? Last time I flew a helicopter from Nassau to KPBI I had to have all of those things, plus ADIZ contact and previously filed eAPIS. If we can be forgiven for thinking it sounds Mickey Mouse, perhaps you can explain how things are done there.

Last edited by malabo; 7th Jul 2019 at 23:39.