PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 6th Jul 2019, 21:44
MemberBerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I'm complaining about is not necessarily MAX / MCAS specific. I would still criticize them for not reporting the stick shaker even if they were flying an NG, not a MAX. Reporting the stick shaker running for 90 minutes would suggest to the technicians the issues could be related to the AoA vanes. They didn't do that, and in the AFML they put even less information:

- "IAS and ALT Disagree shown after take off"
- "feel diff press light illuminate"

As a result the engineers:

- "Performed flushing Left Pitot Air Data Module (ADM) and static ADM. Operation test on ground found satisfied."
- "performed cleaned electrical connector plug of elevator feel computer carried out. test on ground found OK."

The engineers did nothing about the AoA vane, as nothing in the pilot reports directly suggested an issue with the AoA vane.

Not sure why they didn't report the stick shaker. Maybe they were afraid to report that they have flown with the stick shaker active for 90 minutes. But in my opinion the end result is that they created another hole in the cheese for the next flight.