PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 20:38
SASless

Received 508 Likes on 211 Posts
Crab dear boy....you should get out more.

Gullibell and I both noted our experiences as Sim Instructors....and now you get it from third source......a piece of paper in a fancy twine bound booklet does not mean squat when it comes to real life flying ability.

Turn the lights out and remove a horizon such as over water flying and the numbers of our peers that are unable to reliably cope drops quickly.

To be fair to the two pilots in this particular tragedy....we do not know what happened to cause them to wind up as they did.

My point as was the other two is to remind all and sundry that IF flying skills are very perishable and just having a ticket to try...does not mean you can or should.

As you well know....from your own experience....it takes training, practice, and currency all combined to carry out the tasks safely and comfortably.

I as the rest of us should....will wait for the results of the investigation to discuss what actually occurred in this accident.

At this point...mechanical failures...systems failures....even pilot error are ALL possible scenarios.