PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 14:23
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
There are clearly some bed wetters on this thread that want to see SOU fail. We have been given no information to suggest that the expansion plans are not moving ahead and in fact I received a response from the MD back in early May to confirm that plans were to be submitted later this summer. I was also told from someone who has their ear to the ground at the airport that works were due to start around October 2019. How accurate this is I cannot say but I do know that there is a total commitment to have the expansion plans carried out and for the airport to have a much brighter future!
Agreed. They have ruined this thread and one in particular user is surely approaching a ban shortly?

If you go on SOU’s social media the new MD has been spreading the message about the expansion plans all over the place. There has also not surprisingly been an uplift in the publicity of how green the airport is and how much it does for the community (all of which is standard in the run up to expansion). The tree works have been put on hold to allow the nesting season to pass.

there has been a lull over the last year which is not surprising as the aviation sector is in a period of consolidation (especially the regional market). All the more reason why SOU is finally taking the plunge and creating facilities acceptable to one of the big low cost operators. What will never change is that people want to fly from SOU and the transport infrastructure is second to none. The same will probably never be said about BOH, who are welcome to the small minority who will put up with all the agro just to fly for a £1. It’s small potatoes for both BOH and FR, so is never going to be a threat to SOU (not would SOU want anything to do with FR I am willing to bet). Fingers crossed the bedwetters can hold off their negativeness until the autumn.