PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 12:58
Planespeaking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
There are clearly some bed wetters on this thread that want to see SOU fail. We have been given no information to suggest that the expansion plans are not moving ahead and in fact I received a response from the MD back in early May to confirm that plans were to be submitted later this summer. I was also told from someone who has their ear to the ground at the airport that works were due to start around October 2019. How accurate this is I cannot say but I do know that there is a total commitment to have the expansion plans carried out and for the airport to have a much brighter future!
I trust and hope your analysis is correct for the future of SOU, but at the moment the public and industry perception is very negative. There seems to be a policy of deliberate neglect which is feeding through to the media and therefore to the wider world. Look at the number of airlines that have jumped ship in the last 2 years.

Either this is a cynical way to kill off the airline operation in order to make the airport unviable, so the only way is to sell it for real estate, or it is very inept airport management which could risk the whole aviation operation through lack of committment.

Time will tell, but unfortunately time seems to be running out for SOU.

However if SEN can rise from a much closer 'near death experience' so can SOU!!