PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT assessment
Thread: LOT assessment
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2019, 11:09
Wolf_luk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I had mine back in Dec/Jan

It was straight forward, nothing to worry about.
Mind you if you have non Polish licence, you will have to transfer it to Poland, company policy.

in my case it looked:
Day 1. Interview, some questions on Principles of Flight, fuel planning, descend planning (based on distance, or on time), few questions from jeep plates, English.
Group exercise. As in every assessment you do not have to find solution to the problem, but you have to show that you take part in finding one.

Day2. Psycho tests, simple 3d thinking, some maths with and without scrap paper, not a rocket science.
Sim session.
Basic Alsim MCC trainer, based on EMB 170.
First you do visual circuit over WAW just to get feel of the sim. after that you do IFR departure, some gen handling (steep turns, climb/descend turns), VOR tracking, you might get holding (I didn't, but guy who was with me in pair did get it), we also had a gen failure, and you have to act iaw QRH, after that you do ILS app and landing. After that you act as a PNF.
I got my results within 2 days, and got offered EMB fleet.
I didn't take it at the end
I know they are looking for people for every fleet, but most goes for EMB.
Contract is based on B2B, you don't have to have your company opened in Poland.
They pay you some one of 4000PLN while you're on training.
Line Training is unpaid, so plan your finances well, as it might take some 3-6 months before you get your first pay.
I heard from few friends who got in that flying is great, they are really enjoying it.

Good Luck and enjoy it.