PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 4th Jul 2019, 12:18
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

I take a break for a few hours it seems an small group led by Mr. Wonkozoo seems to have got themselves in a bit of a lather. I will note for the record, that virtually none of their responses contained any actual facts in response to any of the information I posted, and were merely thinly disguised ad hominem attacks. I realize that's just what some folks do when the facts aren't on their side, but I'm still quite disappointed.

So some people think I write well. Thank you, for the compliment, because I take pride in my writing. I try to communicate as clearly as I can, and (unlike a few folks here), I attempt to research the topic thoroughly. I don't claim to be an expert in a lot of these topics, but I've spent a lot of time offline trying to educate myself. Can some of you say the same?

As to the supposed mystery of the "speed typing," it's not much of a mystery at all. Except for the short sentence or two pieces, I draft most of my responses offline, and I usually have multiple items going at once. I'll review, edit, fact check, and polish for awhile. When I'm satisfied, I'll start posting them which is why they can appear in quick succession. The work the Mr. Wonk implies was crafted in minutes actually took a little over two hours. So yes, when I put a great deal of work into a piece and someone can only come up with a retort that is the equivalent of an online "yuk-yuk, you got some toilet paper hanging to your shoe," then sometimes I do wonder why I bother.

I could play this game too and label Mr. Wonk and a few others as stooges for the airlines and their C-suite and investors (particularly Ethiopian which has much to answer for). I'm sure these operators are more than happy to have a few keyboard warriors run cover for them so as not to endanger their supply of cheap pilot labor and even cheaper training. Heck, I imagine it would be quite the return on investment to throw a few bucks/Euro/pesos someone's way to shutdown any possible suggestion that some airlines have honed this practice to a fine art. Yep, that may be the way to go, since that seems to be how some folks around here like to roll.

[Rant on]

So right back at you. Why in the name that all is holy, given all that is known about the decline in training standards and the constant race to the bottom that has defined the piloting profession for the past couple of decades would any of you consider aiding and abetting the conspiracy of manufacturers and operators who find it profitable to arbitrage labor and make minimal investment in training?! Do you actually realize how many people have been hurt or died because some of these businesses can only see as far the quarterly results and can't make the connection between their underinvestment in employees and training and the bent metal and broken bodies?! All's I can say is, "Shame on you!" If you cant' see what's going on, then you are just as guilty as the rest of them!

[Rant off]

So Mr Wonk & others, feel better now that I'm speaking your language, so full of emotion and devoid of facts?

Last edited by yoko1; 4th Jul 2019 at 12:44.