PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Control In-Flight - Flight Crew training
Old 4th Jul 2019, 09:24
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 421dog

Not really... better yet, they should spend a couple years tooling around in a 10k hr beat up piston twin full of checks and Fedex overload. In crappy upper-Midwest winter weather with a disgracefully thin MEL (missing stuff like A/p, de-ice and functioning RNAV (the real vor-based thing, not a GPS approach that links just like an ILS) going into airports with nothing but ADF approaches in the dead of night 5 days a week.

-Flame Off..,

I doubt one of those guys, even though I thought a lot of them were kinda crappy pilots, would EVER hold a plane in a 20 min stall into the south Atlantic....
Sorry, you misunderstood me, I was advocating a few years in crappy aircraft with no automation for all, but the opportunity for all to do this has now past. The only chance for improvement is for far more exacting training. Airlines will baulk at the cost, but legislators must insist. TBH I was given a completely unexpected unreliable speed in the sim a few month back (Airbus) and the sea of contra indications from the FWC was appalling. Fortunately, my brain immediately went to basics of attitude/power and it all worked out, but it was a bit heart stopping.