PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 20:49
edmundronald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoko1
You are falling into the cognitive trap of believing that this must be an either/or proposition. Problems with design and problems with training are not mutually exclusive. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the final reports are going to have a long list of primary and contributory causes. It would be quite a shame to fix just one of them.
I think with a bit of good will we can agree this just about sums up several months of discussion here.

So according to this proposition Boeing needs to fix BOTH the design failure(s) , and the training failure(s).

And on the one side there seems to be an insistence that the hardware be fixed by software only with one AoA sensor input to MCAS, and on the other side that the training not require Max sim time. Somehow BOTH of these "economic requirements" seem problematic.

So it might be useful -as this is not forbidden by the rules- for people who sit in the front seats to make their desire for BOTH a solid fix for MCAS, AS WELL as for the provision of simulator training for runaway stab trim on the MAX, noisily known to Boeing, the FAA, their unions and their employers, and dare I say it, to the press.

Edmund