PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2019, 19:13
Matty Rich 83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
Well came through T2 this last week, and apart from the new car park I can not say I was impressed. Cafe / food outlets of pretty poor standard and over priced. Also how come so many Brits believe that swilling pints at 6.30 am is a good way to either fly or start a holiday , I have not seen it elsewhere, and I live in Munich much of the time and believe me Bavarian's drink beer a plenty. Outbound on JET 2 we got bussed out to distant stand for 757 Jet 2 to Palma despite air-bridge on stand being unoccupied. Jet 2 do what they do, and flight ok. Return on new 737 8OO Sunday night arrived slightly early having avoided storms over France but then had to wait for air bridge to be connected properly as first attempt failed. Then had long walk down T2 to Immigration. My impression remains that it is a value engineered development and really not worthy of the region it looks to serve. Luckily I get to use T1 most of the time with LH and EK so limited exposure to T2.

Regards
Mr Mac
Not sure what you were expecting...you were in the current terminal 2 that is yet to be refurbished from next summer when the new T2 extension opens.
At what time was your outbound flight operating? The stand with the unused airbridge may have been free for a long haul aircraft arriving before your departure, with the airfield capacity issues at the moment there is sometimes no choice but to bus passengers to remote stands.
As for your arrival, maybe the person operating the airbridge was new to the job and being trained and you as for your long walk to immigration, that’s hit and miss depending of course which stand the aircraft parks at...I wouldn’t necessary call that a big problem...unless your a disabled passenger of course.
As for the early morning drink...completely agree, each to their own but no need really.