PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2019, 07:38
STN Ramp Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Ryanair's route to Pardubice looks to have ended. FR seem to have also reduced their Stansted-Grenoble route form year round back to winter seasonal
I imagine these cuts, along with the Stansted-Comiso route are due to being short of aircraft after the 737 Max gorunding - clearly the least profitable routes will be the ones that are cut
personally I would think its down to the overall economic situation and the effects of the "B" word, if you look at the Ryanair fare finder there are hundreds of seats available at £14.99 in August which is highly unusual. There have been various press releases from travel providers, including Ryanair, that have said a combination of last years hot summer and the "B" word has meant people are not booking in the same way as usual. I am traveling this week from Stansted and when we booked the flights in October last year they cost us £90.76 each. I could have booked the same seats today for £85.71. Ryanair will take their assets where they feel they can make most money from them. I was at a smaller Ryanair base last week and they had two aircraft sat on the ground locked up by 9PM in the evening, that's very unusual for summer