PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2019, 10:30
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hi Krusty 34.

Yes, you would have thought it's a no brainer, although that is big picture stuff, and hard to focus on when KPI is the word on the street...Apparently the new CEO is on the ball, and hopefully, he can see the forest for the trees.

I've been told the current situation is as follows:
The EBA expired on 1 July 2018. So as it stands at the moment, there is no new salary as of Monday 1 July 2019. The company and unions are still playing the game, and the remaining 60 or so ATR pilots, are frustrated and not impressed. They are lucky they have only lost 1 CAPT and 1 FO in the past few months. All that is required now is another sweep from QF and/or JQ for crew, and there will be another 6 aircraft permanently stored in Nelson.

If you join today the pay is ATR 72 Captain Year 1 approx. $115,000, and ATR 72 FO Year 1 $75,000.
Currently 2-3 overnights away per week, and regular massive waits between flights(up to 3.5 hrs) and yes 3-4 sectors per day. Progression to the jets I hear? If you are at the top of the tree then maybe yes, if you are in the middle and below or have just joined, then you might get awarded a job, although being released is another issue. Once you might get to the jet, then enjoy the RHS for at least another 10 years plus.

This has come from a very reliable source that I have known for over 25 years, and as you said, I'm happy to stand corrected as well. All the best!

L.B

Last edited by "Littlebird"; 29th Jun 2019 at 10:53. Reason: Had to refrain a little.