PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Air
Thread: Uber Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2019, 08:51
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark Knight.

I know and understand the advantages of hydrogen power. My point was the cost of making it. It takes more energy to make hydrogen than you get back when you use it as a source of energy. It isn't energy efficient from that point of view and therefore hydrogen is always going to be comparatively more costly than some other forms of energy. Sure there will be technology advances which will balance things out and hydrogen may well have attributes that makes the greater cost worthwhile.

The storage and distribution is not without it's challenges either. No doubt you've read about the explosion a couple of weeks ago in Norway. https://interestingengineering.com/h...toyota-hyundai

However my main issue is with the concept of the every day use of the "flying machine" for the average man and woman in the street to use it for the daily commute to and from work. This is where I think they're dreaming. I have no doubt they can make it fly and have it certified to carry passengers, with or eventually without a pilot. It will do nothing more than a helicopter does now and the average man and woman isn't using helicopters for the daily commute. Can you explain to me how something like the Skai is going to make this happen?