Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2019, 14:17
Scottie Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April 2019 passenger statistics

Manchester Statistics - April 2019

Introduction

Back in September 2015 I decided that I should start to correlate statistics for Manchester and use 2005 as a reference point for historical data. My file now consists of 14 years of monthly figures and 486 destinations that have been served from Manchester over that period.

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.
No new destinations were served in April 2019.

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)
Amsterdam - 1,045,211 passengers

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for April.
All airports have report for this month

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics
Monthly passengers - 2,390,976 +8.18%
Annual Total - 8,050,122
Moving Annual Total - 28,838,398 +3.22%
Monthly Movements - 16,577 +2.78%
Annual Movements - 58,579
Moving Annual Movements - 202,109 +0.21%

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.

Comparison of top 25 destinations - April 2009 versus April 2019

Major changes to domestic traffic

Based on a combination of CAA data, aircraft configurations supplied by Planespotters.net and movements from FR24 I have complied the followed suggested load factors for long-haul scheduled services.

It must be remembered that the MAN-ADD/MAN-IAH and MAN-SIN services are shared with intermediate points and therefore reflect a lower than load-factor that true.
MAN-JFK shows an odd figures but I have been unable to ascertain why this is - I know that a couple of the Virgin flights were operated using A330 & A340 equipment but this has been taken into account.

CAA statistics for April are final.