PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best sunglasses
Thread: Best sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2019, 17:50
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tremblerman
I know of one posing a...hole, who, upon being invited to a trip on a rather large yacht, went out and got himself the most expensive Ray Bans he could find.
Questioned why there was a bit of string in the box, and on being informed it was to be attached to the shades and looped round the neck to prevent loss.
Only an idiot would need to do that, according to our man.
Moments later he confirmed what everbody thought and his expensive shades disappeared in to the Menai Straits!!!
I'm not interested in bragging with something whose price is so high only for the purpose of bragging.
That would be a Rolex : it costs thousands but delivers exactly the same service and looks as something possible ten or one hundred times cheaper.

I'm interested in the equivalent of the Garmin D2 : a GPS watch that delivers many functions that cannot be easily replaced by any other individual device, and even if they are not really necessary, they still are a plus.
For example, right now I'm learning to glide. The "nearest" function of my watch gives me distance and bearing to my home airfield. I even have an app that computes my remaining height assuming a given gliding ratio. Obviously my instructor does not need a watch to know the distance to the airfield. But I could never know it so easily on my very first flight.

My phone could not do that (it does not have a barometer). Even if it could, I could not use it easily since it's in my pocket, not accessible.

If you know a feature of sunglasses that could be useful, any, now and here is the time to tell me

Thanks for the bigatmo suggestion. I'll look into it, preferably with a store retailer.