PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing the 737 fully crabbed
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2019, 23:25
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Switchbait
Also, if you flare the airplane at all, you need close to 15 AOB for a pod strike..... Who lands at 15 degrees angle of bank???

Have another read of the Boeing manuals.

YEP. Some need to do that. Just land the bloody thing as any other airliner. To clarify - that means you are looking with your nose pointing AT the centerliner. Not really something so strange(I hope). Other aircraft, take the CRJ for instance, would have issues with a wing TIP strike, still, you use the same normal technique. Or a Global Express which is even more vulnerable to that(due to the even more swept wings). HOW many tip(trailing edge) strike they have?
Again -on the SIM use whatever your TRE wants you to pass the gig. Most of the time TRE's have a loughable ammount of command experience on type(and in general, other discussion), so DO NOT argue with them, play the game. In the real world, without an TRE grading you on some questionable company procedures do what is safest for you, the passengers, the plane, your license(last but not least).

I have seen some FO's pulling that crap by not fully decrabbing(^^) and I have seen VERY scary landings. Thanks god the folks in the back had no idea, but I was(and sometimes did) ready to interfere that questionable procedure.