View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2019, 14:53
Negan

Originally Posted by scenicflyer View Post
Hi all,

I am 24 now and could go for command in Ryanair in about 18 months' time. I have hardly travelled or seen much of the world and kind of feel like I am missing out on life and the experience long haul pilots seem to get; the "catch me if you can" lifestyle, if you will.

On the other hand, trying to get command in a company I know well seems like a safer, more prudent choice. Good money, stability and valuable hours are on the table.

I realise this subject has been approached here a few times but the situation is different for everyone and it would be helpful, I think, to see some arguments for and against - my mind seems to have exhausted all pros and cons.

Thank you.
This is just my opinon, I think long haul would get boring quite fast. In your current company you are home every night in your own bed, that's a big plus in my eyes and wouldn't like to live out of hotel rooms when away for work.

I knew someone who captained for a national carrier on 777 and 747 and did his last 10 years in Ryanair and told me the best and most enjoyable flying he did was at Ryanair and said the experience is second to none on what you learn.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, i'm sure you have it quite good where you are now and maybe you will only really appreciate how good you have it if you leave for a different airline.

Whatever you decide to do i'm sure will be the right choice for you and wish you the best of luck on whichever path you go down