PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter/C172 interactions
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2019, 07:33
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by double_barrel
Thanks all, very helpful, some clear learning points for me here. First, I take on board the strong message that I should have informed ATC - I confess it did not occur to me at the time; in my defense I was only stopped for perhaps 10 seconds or less. ......

Finally I would add that as a student pilot (I was returning from a solo cross-country) I expect every day to be a learning day and I am pleased that I posted here and made sure that I learned the right lessons! .......
All part of learning - never stops really! There is always a new curve-ball waiting to strike when you least expect it!

And SASless has it - just make time (especially if the Wx is worse than expected so you are in but not flying) to pop over and chat to others (mindful of the fact they may be busy doing other bad-Wx activities). Always a worthwhile exercise - even down to the point that, if operating mainly from one main base, you soon put faces/attitudes to voices on the R/T and know who you can start to trust when they are up there with you.

I just can't figure out why so many folk are always asking ATC for an emergency RTB as soon as I call for taxy! Just coincidence .... I'm sure .......

H 'n' H