PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 20th Jun 2019, 16:45
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by paperHanger
I suspect the insurance needs "someone" to blame, so the authorities are playing along with the "pin the tail on the donkey" part of the fun, and Mr Henderson has ended up with the tail ...

I doubt it will go anywhere ... they'll try someone else and then give up ..
I disagree, Henderson got the "job" from Mckay it seems. And Henderson elected to send a PPL pilot to do a commercial job.
It does appear D.I was being paid per hour to fly plus all expenses. The question is who contacted D.I and told him to do this "job", that he was not qualified to do? Who supplied him the airplane to fly?
I am guessing D.H got the job to make sure Sala would be in Cardiff on time.

The BBC video shows him with the crashed airplane, so there is some connection there for sure. McKay has planted the blame with D.H it seems, although the McKays are probably the ones who put "commercial" pressure on the flight to be completed on time, to make sure Sala would be on time in Cardiff.
But the one who should have said stop, seems to be D.H, as he would have known D.I was not a Commercial Pilot, did not have an Instrument rating.