PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management
Thread: BA Management
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2019, 13:30
Astir 511

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reverserbucket
I fly BA a lot (10 S/H sectors in the past 7 days), usually down the back, and have very recently been introduced to the Recaro seats on the 320's. The routes I fly tend to be served by other operators and are quite often more keenly priced however historically, I choose BA because they offered a higher standard of service and, believe it or not, more comfortable seating than their competitors. When the M&S BoB was introduced, I paid, like everyone else for a cup of tea and a KitKat, but the new seats are really beyond the pale in my opinion - quite uncomfortable, non-reclining with less room and a hook to hang my jacket in front rather than at the side with a somewhat smaller tray table. This has completely changed my passenger experience and I will be looking at the alternatives from now on - I will not pay for a Club seat for the sectors I fly. Easy and most of the competition now effectively offer the same for less money. If this is an example of 'Change, Adapt, Innovate' I will do so by taking my business elsewhere.
You make a valid point (And I actually agree it is an uncomfortable seat), and you will not be alone in taking your business elsewhere. The harsh reality of Business Economics, is that BA are forecasting that the lost revenue from migrating/lost passengers, will be more than offset by the reduced costs of fuel burn with a lighter seat, and higher density (if that's the case with the Recaro Seat.) I would also point out that Team Orange are retrofitting to the Recaro seat, so our options to Europe from UK may require that we take a Cushion (Or we can buy one on board - Nice Ancillary Revenue Stream!!!)