PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2019, 15:25
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
"The debris and the tools that were left on the KC-46 at the time of its delivery were unacceptable – unacceptable in any form. We took swift decisive action, and we are using this opportunity as our rallying cry to ensure we enhance our tool and FOD control process,” said Leanne Caret, chief executive officer of Boeing Defense, Space & Security, at a separate press conference at the show.
Something once taught to all RAF Apprentices at a very early stage of their training...

I once found a 12" long screwdriver which was rattling around inside the engine bay of my car after it had been serviced at a Mercedes-Benz main dealership. It could easily have shorted the battery, hit the pulley belts or punctured a radiator. When I took it back to the dealership and advised them of my dismay, I was astonished to learn that a so-called prestige car dealership has no form of tool control and the technicians use their own tools - a tool tag shadow board was an unknown concept. Bad enough in the automotive industry, but even worse in the aviation industry!