PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 command or long haul FO
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2019, 14:41
SaulGoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go for the best employer in a location that you want to be. You are only 24. You can grow fat in the left seat for years to come.

Somehow I doubt RYR is the best employer. If it was, you would not get your command as rapidly.

I have some friends who forked out the TQ and went for Ryanair. Got abused for years on end and were send from base to base. They either got command fast or went to Emirates and are now in their command training. The ones who went for command in Ryanair either went to China or went to certain European locos without collective labour agreements. By far most of them are complaining.

I went for a company with a long seniority list, CLA, pension scheme, part time option, union. Obviously it is not all rainbows and unicorns over here, and I do not get paid as much as most of them yet. And I am still sitting in the right hand seat for some 5 more years. But at least I can live where I (or actually my wife) wants to live. I can mostly organize my personal life. My kids grow up in Western Europe.

Again, you are only 24. Try to get into a respected carrier. Choose long term.

Last edited by SaulGoodman; 18th Jun 2019 at 14:54.