PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2019, 09:51
fingerstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK guys,I know you may be interested in this Vietnam wonderland. As a 320 skipper for 3 years in VNA,I will share with you some info from inside.
1.STAY AWAY, if you are a 320 skipper.

2.DO NOT believe in 16xxx USD/month salary,it is BS. For a normal line captain,your salary (including everything such as renting allowance)begins at 10500 USD/month,thats it. This number has been fixed for more 7 years WITHOUT ANY increase. After you join,then every year you can expect a 1~2% increase in salary. Only 1~2% increase per year,BIG DEAL.

3.BS schedule,especially for expat. Yes,they do have LO in Japan/Korea,but that is mainly for local guys. As an expat,99% of your duty will be turn around flights. For an local,he flies 1 sector to JAPAN/KOREA,easy 5 hours in his logbook,and then he goes to hotel for 24 hours LO,and next day easy 5 hours in his logbook again for flying back to VN. And for you as an expat,you will be flying BS 4 domestic sectors in one day,duty time > 10 hours,tired as a dog,and then you only get 4~5 hours in your logbook. You get the same BS schedule again next day. You CAN expect LO over China airspace,for example,departure in midnight from VN,flying turn around flights to China,with duty time 10~12 hours,tired as a dog again.

4.BS quick upgrade to A350/787,DO NOT believe in this. First of all,you need to PAY for your training,its around 30000 USD for 320->350. And remember,“YOU PAY FOR THE TRAINING BUT THEY CAN FAIL YOU.”
DO NOT think you are paying so you are the boss,BIG NO. I know people got failed during 320->350 after paying for it.

5.DO NOT believe in 19xx USD bonus over the last 12 months. YES,i do get some bonus over the last 12 months,and each time the bonus is around 50~100 USD,so the total is more like 200~300 USD. 19xx USD my ASS.

6.Fly on you vacation for 120 USD/hour. You see why? Because so many expat are running away from this VN wonderland,so they want you to fly even on you vacation. 120 USD/hour,BIG DEAL! If you want money,why not go to China?

7.DO NOT believe in 8100 USD annual bonus,at least I have no idea where is mine,for 3 years in VNA.

8.DO BELIEVE in Easy Screening Process and HIGH passing rates. You should know the reason by now.

9.For 787/350 on type guys, its totally different. You are very welcome to join this VN wonderland.

10.STAY AWAY, if you are a 320 skipper.