PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Air
Thread: Uber Air
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2019, 07:30
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
Maybe I am, isn't Uber "private"?

So how many pax per hour compared to say a terrestial bus carrying 70 people or a train carrying hundreds? If the "volume" is really that high, say a movement every two minutes, think of the noise and traffic management issues.

But the airspcace is currently owned, by each nation state? How and why would that change? Are you suggesting the commonwealth will sell airspace to say Westfield?

Perhaps I am missing something but for a company that has yet to make a profit how will they fund even the vehicle development cost?
It will not be actual pax based, but more based on the user based and the subscription and/or status they have. If I have a high level it could be say $500 a month or you a low at $100 a month then that is what the "terminals" will be fighting for. Then terminals supply the best to gain service at a ratio of you and me or one or the other. For Australia I would expect subscriptions to be mostly much higher per month for all travel - I expect a basic plan to be a minimum of $200 per adult and $100 per child per week at current cost if dream is complete.

They sold the bank, the telco, the airports, the electricity and most the rest - so yes the commonwealth have that history.

But not Westfield, that is a bricks and mortar type company, it most likely will be a multi national platform company (that pays tax in a country that it will own)