PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vegas-bound stag party who abused crew and exposed themselves on plane, jailed
Old 15th Jun 2019, 03:27
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
I don't know about an airline ban but the length of their sentences would exclude them from e-Visa entry to Australia - for life.
And you don't get told that until you arrive at port of entry.
If you had overlooked that detail then you will probably get turned back onto the next flight out.
They could try their luck with a full visa application but there's no guarantee that they would get one that way either.

I think the USA and Canada have similar restrictions.
The length of their sentences in your case would not be the reason to exclude the e-Visa entry into Australia.

The full visa application would probably have the same result as the e-Visa for the same reason.

I enjoy having a drink at airports at weird hours while in-transit or waiting for a flight and also a drink while in-flight, many others also do this responsibly. Similar that many pilots do not turn up to fly with any alcohol in their system - but some do and actually get to pilot again after being caught.

I am sure I would be happy to fly with a pilot that I knew had been once caught over the limit on duty before - everyone makes a big mistake or two, most of us quickly learn from them BUT not all.