PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 14th Jun 2019, 22:16
CHEASApilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by torvalds
Hi Jason;

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Great to hear, that at least my ground exams will be accepted, so I can dedicate my time to fly.
Tbh, I am not that worried about the hours I already completed and I wouldn't really mind buying "extra" solo hours in exchange. If possible, I would like to avoid some of those "effect of controls", or "straight and level" lessons though, but I'll take your advice and just start from fresh and get it done.

Sorry to hear about your mishaps in Hungary, may I ask what went wrong?

cheers
Start the training freshly with them. Saying you want this and that makes of you the over-smart guy. Flight training is a totally different kind of education. You're a basically at the mercy of ATOs and changing of ATOs can be a delicate thing to deal with which everyone wants to avoid. So make sure you're giving the correct impression enough for you to get what you want.

When i landed in HU for the second time and getting to know what the country is really about i felt like being in an invaded by Russia country(technically this true).

Now understand that to train there you will need summer and in summer ATOs are full of turks who are ready to pay 600 EUR for a room per month, competition forces you to live in below the standard places unless you can really pay well.

You will be flying 1-2 hours daily and like me since you have no theory for the rest of the day you will be left wandering around with no absolute distractions; never under-estimate this. In a foreign country with long summer days and loneliness, emotional breakdowns can be really harsh.

Schools hate turks but like their money and let them run the same mistakes until they're overriding budget and start freaking out, i'm sure you know how to qualify them. When desperate i'm sure they won't care if you're Turk or EU they will simply smash your bank account.

I was basically in the best school of Hungary which is Fly...., the rest of them don't even consider. I was being trained by a guy there, P... G.. he has a very good english but he shouldn't be instructing, in fact he himself told me he was desperate for that airline job. He was swearing at me very often in the cockpit for not being able to do low passes on the second day of training. He was an absolute morron but useless to whine about now since i'm well set.

On the third day he did the same and in the midst of the flight i told him to land. Right after i reminded him i come from Western Europe, and when i give you my money i want a proper instruction in return. Not your frustration because on monday you failed your Wizzair interview.

I talked with a few previous stud and even his colleagues told me the business of the school. They give you a PPL for €7-8(k). They know people are always weary about cheap deals, so at the beginning of the year they train 2-3 guys and use them as ref to attract us on their cheap deals. By summer they're full that's why they want you to land on the very second day itself. For that price standard is even lower than a puppy mill, they don't want to lose another €7k because you're not picking up the skills quickly enough. Infact it was a guy on pprune here who recomended them to me, after that experience sorry to be generalizing, but never again in Eastern Europe for flight training unless i want to go and get dental treatment for cheap there.

Look at their websites and the way they market their schools itself shows you how artificial the campaigns are. Some i think even use fake ref. You could go there for american rates in EU, but they're intelligent, they rent their fleet only to those having done their license with them. Few will rent out to you unless you lose time by doing an FI rating with them.

I heard when times are bad then they start welcoming the Turks happily again, these guys are their escape goats. Again shows you their way of doing business.

Now understand this is my experience which might differ for you with them, its an individual thing. But PPRuNE is here for we aviators to share our experience and i will make sure to point it out.

Aviation is expensive and it takes us all a lot of passion to hand over our hard earned money to ATOs, but i hate doing business with poor mentality people. 'They only know how to take but never gives anything back' - Robert Kyosaki.

Regards,

Jason.

Last edited by CHEASApilot; 14th Jun 2019 at 23:26.