PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 14th Jun 2019, 21:30
torvalds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHEASApilot
If someone within EU tells you not possible to transfer the theory credit then throw him through the propeller ! [Joke]

Totally doable, if else EASA is useless. I did it personally in Hungary so i know what am talking about. However your ten hours i doubt they will let you forward it. The best game they can play with you is tell you yes and later on telling you this and that is not good enough and we need to work on it. I've been in the cave, i know the game. By the way i won a 100CHF bet from a guy i met in HU who is a Romanian living in Ireland, same story and i predicted the outcome.

Some schools can be upfront and tell you they want you to buy 10 hours solo with them if you already hold 10 hours of instruction from britain. But schools are ran by businessmen, and some of them are pitiless morrons, my advice to you would to restart the training in whole with them and finish it quicker you can.

And yeah, hungary was a bad option in my p.o.v, so stick to that side of the world where you're heading.

i hope my failures can be useful experiences to learn from for you.

Regards,

Jason.
Hi Jason;

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Great to hear, that at least my ground exams will be accepted, so I can dedicate my time to fly.
Tbh, I am not that worried about the hours I already completed and I wouldn't really mind buying "extra" solo hours in exchange. If possible, I would like to avoid some of those "effect of controls", or "straight and level" lessons though, but I'll take your advice and just start from fresh and get it done.

Sorry to hear about your mishaps in Hungary, may I ask what went wrong?

cheers