PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-3
Thread: Glasgow-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2019, 10:35
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notwithstanding that, tbh the impression I've taken over the years from your posts on this matter is that you think that foreign inbound tourism to Glasgow is negligible and the city's tourism offering and appeal is similarly severely limited (and compared to london or Paris it is, but of course Glasgow is not really competing with these places, but instead the likes of Bristol, Liverpool, Hamburg, Rotterdam etc).
I lived in Glasgow for a good few years, and was a huge fan at the time, of course since then I had my eyes opened to a bigger world and more effective ways of doing things. My "That'll dae me" reference was perhaps cheeky but a fair desciption of too many people who aren't driven to get on, the difference in the SE of England is enormous in that attitude, but money and talent attract money and talent in a classic virtuous circle. I wish both GLA and EDI well, even PIK could be a nice little winner if they closed the terminal IMHO. All politics is local which is why Glasgow City Council built at Abbotsinch when Renfrew closed rather than use Prestwick.
A central Scotland Airport is a fine idea, whose time will never come !