PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 13th Jun 2019, 03:35
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
well you can track an IP to a physical address but tell me how you prove who was on the keyboard or device. Use wifi somewhere and the device ID is logged but again who was using it. Is there some legal case history to show this stands in court?
Would you be willing to bet your job and livelihood on that, just to make a social media post? Even if you don't get fired, it's the very definition of career limiting - and if you do get fired for cause, your chances of working in the industry again are not good. I don't know about FC, but in my case my handle is such that anyone who really wanted to know could figure out who I am in short order.
I started posting before I retired, but I was really careful about what I posted (I dearly wanted to call out a certain member for some BS he wrote about the 747-8 fuel burn, but couldn't because the data I had access to was considered proprietary. Then I saw exactly what I wanted to post in the Everett Herald newspaper - I didn't hold back after that).
Now that I'm retired (out of the game for about 30 months) I'm not as concerned, but I still have to be a bit careful since I still know stuff that's considered proprietary.