PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 00:03
KiwiAvi8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellokiwi
Big drive is the money and the progression. Dont get me wrong i love flying but at my age it would be great to speed things up and if i can save couple of years by skipping instructing or turboprop i would take that route.

If i by miracle go to cathay, isnt there a bond of like 7 years? What happens if you break contract and would airnz hire a person with only second officer experience to their a320?

Thanks for the reply too
There have been quite a few SO’s from Cathay hired by Air NZ recently. Some of these SO’s had been at Cathay less than 2 years so they’ve obviously decided what ever bond there is (I don’t know the details) is worth paying, for the opportunity to get on NZ’s list. Bear in mind this is during the back end of their growth spurt. The amount of pilots they need will reduce over the next few years which will raise the hour requirements they look for.

29 isn’t old to be getting in to aviation either. If you’re about to start a family you might even find the Turboprop gig in NZ more suitable for time at home. The pay is reasonable and it’s quick to a command.