PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 12th Jun 2019, 19:17
bill fly

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gums
Salute!

Nice, Racer , you nailed it.

One example now is the complete silence of the Lion Air crew that handled the rogue MCAS the flight before. Their testimony regarding knowledge of MCAS will be interesting. Of course, they also have a potential liability problem for not letting next crew and maintenance folks that the shaker was on all the time.

Finally, some of the active pilots here have to be careful in the arena( think Driver). A good lawyer will quote every positive or negative statement/opinion to make their point. As a potential trial expert witness in a major aviation lawsuit, I was damned glad I had not commented publically about the issues. Of course, that was before widespread internet and email! Nevertheless, when the suit was settled as a “draw”, I was required by law to turn over every shred of research papers, correspondence, etc. and my floppies, even at that early stage of Word Perfect and other tet editing programs.

Gums sends....

Gums sends...

Well it’s a shame that knowledgeable people can get warned off - although using a pseudonym - whether I agree with them or not (I didn’t always).

It starves a thread of funded info and opens it to repetition and lay questions.

Maybe the solution would be a new pseudonym - although I guess it would become clear in time...